|Frequently Asked Questions
What does the Barron?s Regents site do?
Benefits for Students
Barronsregents.com is a user-friendly web site for NYS Regents Preparation in Algebra 2/Trigonometry, Biology/Living Environment, Chemistry, Earth Science, English, Geometry, Global History &
Geography, Integrated Algebra, Physics, and U.S. History and Government. After purchasing a subscription to the interactive site, you receive a username and password that allows you access to our
database of NYS Regents exams. Subscriptions are available for students, teachers, individual classes and entire districts. Students practice exams at their own pace in any of the courses. Teachers create
customized exams and print them for classroom use or assign them to their classes online. Barronsregents.com grades all work immediately and provides feedback for both students and teachers. Barronsregents.com
has high speed internet connectivity so entire classes can work simultaneously. In addition, students and teachers can work individually from the library, home, or any other location with internet access.
Benefits for Teachers
- Prepare for your teacher's tests and the final state exam in all of your Regents classes.
- A student account allows access to all practice questions in all covered subjects!
- The program is flexible. Students choose from specific topics or actual past Regents exams.
- Get your work graded immediately!
- Get a report of your strengths and weaknesses by topic area.
- Generate a report that compares you to your classmates or other users in the database.
- Have access to past exams you have taken.
- Print a practice exam and work on it off-line.
- Work at your own pace. You can log off and complete any exam at a later time.
- Do extra credit ? your teacher receives a report of all of your online work.
- A collection of study tips is provided.
Benefits for Administrators
- Boost your students' achievement and help them meet the New York State Standards.
- Prepare a custom exam by choosing questions from the database or entering your own questions. You can even edit the existing questions from our database.
- No more collating worksheets and tests at the copy machine, and then spending hours grading them! Your students work on-line and their work is immediately graded.
- Print exams for classroom use.
- A report is generated for all of your students with the click of a mouse.
- Barronsregents.com allows you to target their weak areas by generating slanted tests.
- Substitute days are no longer lost days! Send your classes to the technology center where they can spend valuable time practicing in your content area. You will have proof of their efforts upon your return to class without any preparation or grading!
- Make it Fun! Have a contest to see which student or group of students can get the most questions right in a given time period.
- Improve your students' achievement and your schools CAR report for a fraction of the cost of the equivalent review books.
- Meet the new higher Regents Standards and stay current with the latest technology!
- Provide your students with a resource to help them learn while at school or at home.
- Provide your staff members with an economical program to generate tests from Regents Exam Questions so they can evaluate the effectiveness of their teaching methods.
- Use your Teacher Login and Password to see how your students are performing ? generate class reports or course reports.
Subscribe online now as a student or a teacher or call 1-800-645-3476.
BACK TO TOP
Now that I have subscribed to Barron's Regents.com, what do I do?
- Click on either student tutorial or teacher tutorial for a copy of the tutorials.
These are user's guides that serve as a general walkthrough for new members.
- Use your browser to print the tutorial sheet for reference.
- Follow the directions and you're on your way! ... Login Now
I?ve forgotten my username or password?
Forgot your username or password? No problem. Use the automatic login code retrieval system on the login screen. Look for the box labeled "Email" under "Existing Account," enter the email address you saved in your online profile,
and we'll email you your login codes right away, 24/7! If your profile email address is inaccurate or out-of-date, proceed to our Contact Us page and fill out the information needed. Please supply the following: first and last name, email address, name of your school, and whether you're a student or teacher or just
Which NYS Regents courses are available?
BACK TO TOP
Will Barron?s be adding more NYS Regents exams to the site?
More exams will be continually added to the site. In a typical year, we add 2 exams for each of the subjects we cover (usually the June and August exams).
Each subject area has a comprehensive database of multiple-choice questions and explanations from 1997 to present while some courses may also
have additional questions from regents exams dating as far back as 1990.